Donabate Community College is proudly managed by Dublin and Dún Laoghaire Education and Training Board (DDLETB).
Dublin and Dún Laoghaire Education and Training Board was established in July 2013 through the merger of two Vocational and Education Committees (VECs), County Dublin VEC (established 1930) and Dún Laoghaire VEC. This was followed by the incorporation of three SOLAS (formerly FÁS) Training Centres in Baldoyle, Loughlinstown and Tallaght to DDLETB in January 2014. We have been providing education and supporting learners of all ages for over 90 years and are one of largest of 16 ETBs in Ireland.
We are the proud patrons of Community National Schools (Primary) and Special Schools, Second-level Community Colleges, Further Education Colleges and Training Centres, Adult Education Services, Youthreach, Youth Community Training and Youth and Sports Development Facilities across the Dublin and Dún Laoghaire area.
We have developed an excellent reputation for our provision of inclusive, innovative, high-quality education that meets the needs of the entire community. We provide education through the medium of Irish and English. We pride ourselves on our commitment to Innovation in Education, Special Educational needs, Information Technology in Education, promoting the Arts and allowing every learner to achieve their full potential.
Our vision and values:
Our vision is to actively lead the provision of high-quality education and training.
Our mission is to provide a wide range of education and training programmes, services and supports to children, young people, and adults across the DDLETB region. We put the learner at the heart of everything we do, and we believe that lifelong learning is key to personal development and wellbeing, social inclusion, and economic prosperity.
Our operational values in providing our services are illustrated below:
- Equality: Fairness, respect, and inclusion in the treatment of our learners, stakeholders and staff and a culture where diversity is welcomed and valued.
- Collaboration: Working in partnership with our learners, stakeholders and staff and facilitating the sharing of knowledge, expertise, and skills.
- Innovation: Remaining a leader in the provision of education and training by encouraging new ideas, trying out different approaches and responding to change.
- Professionalism: Courtesy, efficiency, and excellence in our dealings with our learners, stakeholders and staff and working to the highest standards in education and training.
- Integrity: Honesty, transparency and confidentiality and meeting our responsibilities as a provider of lifelong learning in a consistent and ethical fashion.
Our overall aim is to enable our learners to reach their full individual potential and we strive to offer learning experiences which respond to the needs of learners of all ages and abilities. We ensure that guidance and supports are available to our learners to help them attain their learning goals and desired qualifications.
We include transfer and progression options for our learners to maximise their chances of pursuing further education and training and securing employment. We acknowledge the importance of suitable premises and resources for our learners in our commitment to inclusive education. Our learners and employees are part of a wider educational network, where we collaborate and support each other to improve teaching and learning for all.
For full details of our services, schools and centres please visit our website www.ddletb.ie
Our Schools’ Ethos
Our schools are state, co-educational, multi- denominational, inclusive, learner-centred, and community-focused and are underpinned by our five ETB core values of, Excellence in Education, Care, Equality, Community and Respect.
You can learn more about our ETB Ethos on our website https://www.ddletb.ie/ethos/